Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day...hmmmm

This year Mother's Day brought so many emotions and I spent the majority battling with these emotions.
First, there was the overwhelming thankfulness for my own mother. Between her and my sister I know I always have someone to talk to, vent to, hang out with, shop with, etc. I take for granted many times her living so close and I do not wnat to forget what a help she is and a friend she is. She is a great example as a woman of faith, as a mom, wife and Nonny.
Then, there was the completely overwhelming gratitude that comes with being a mom!! I realize now more than ever what a blessing it is to have these 3 little girls. I attempt daily to find my true joy in Christ, but my girls come a close second. Even on the days I am totally annoyed, tired, worn out or just plain frazzled I pray I never take the responsibility of being their mom for granted and always find an opportunity to love.
And, the last emotion was a mixture! As I headed to church with my family of 5, my sister sat in the Doctor's office waiting to find out if her cramping and bleeding was due to another miscarriage (pregnancy a result of IVF). If you read my blog, you probably read hers. And, you know that the result was not good news. My heart hurts so bad for her and other's that long to have children of their own. God chose Sarah to be the mother of his precious Angels and I wish somehow that took the pain away. But, we can rejoice in the fact that we will see them someday (and, Weslee Faith we will see again). And, be hopeful in the fact that God is in control and has a grand plan, bigger than what we can see.
So, to my mom, my sister and my mother-in-laws, I say Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

harris1013 said...

What a sweet post and so true!!!