Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Delivery....from my perspective!

One of the greatest days of my life!!!!

Here is a link to my sister's blog!!  She has other pics and her side of this incredible day!

After getting the call that Sarah's water had broken, I quickly showered and let Brad he was in charge of Laci, Megan and Brynn until further notice!!!!!!  Mom and I headed to the hospital and patiently waited.  

I monitored the contraction computer, took a million pics and tried the keep the mood light!!  We have a family of nurses......let me know tell you!  Sarah an RN, my mom an RN, Ben an RN, Katherine an RN, Mary Ann an RN and nursing instructor, Hannah an LPN soon to be RN.  Phil a Doctor.  So, needless, to say there was a lot of big words used and "medical talk" going on.  I had to make jokes from time to time to keep my "non-medical" mind from stressing out!  haha, just kidding!!!  It was funny listening to everyone talk their talk!  I'm sure my lack of knowledge was apparent!  However, what I lacked in knowledge, I made up for in experience!!!


Big Cousins could not wait!!  Brad brought them up with Poppy after he got out of church.   


This is one of my favorite memories.  When the nurse came in to check Sarah, Ben, Katherine, Trent, Laci, Megan and myself were in the room.  All of us walked out.  Meg went with Trent to the waiting room because she loves Trent and wanted to hang with him.  Ben had stayed in and when we stepped back in he said she's at a 10.  Well, we all kind of freaked and I grabbed my camera.  Katherine came in to give Sarah a hug and I saw Laci kind of wandering around not sure what to do and whether to smile or be scared.  Sarah motioned for her to come over and gave her a hug and reassured it wouldn't be long now and that everything was ok!!!!  I know Laci saw the tears in my eyes and I surely wanted her to understand they were happy tears!!  I love that this picture captured that moment!!!  Laci then headed to the waiting room with Katherine to let them know it was time to push!


And, then just a few minutes later we were able to see what we had all prayed for for so long!!!!!  I can't explain to you the emotions going on in the room.  The nurse knew Sarah's history and she was just as excited!!!!  After watching my sister labor and deliver a stillborn baby, this was an experience like no other!!!!!!!!   I was so thankful to be in the room.  Besides my own, this is the only delivery I have ever witnessed!!!!!!  It is a day and a moment I will never forget!!!

Checking out her daddy!!!

Then, she had to check out her Auntie Am.  I'm not sure she knew I had a face for the first 2 days because it was always behind the camera!

I hate that this is blurry but it is still special!!  Watching the nurse hand Sarah her perfect, whole, daughter is so incredible!!  It seems so simple, but something she has longed for!!!!

The next pics are pictures I will cherish forever!!!!!!!



Tried to pick pictures different from Sarah's blog, but hopefully between the two blogs you can get the story!  It was truly amazing!!!!  One of these days I hope to write it all down from beginning to end.  What an amazing blessing!!!!

No comments: