Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

This year we had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! We had breakfast at the farm!! Now, that is a great idea!!!! It was an awesome meal and great time to hang out. The guys hunted and we met them out there as they were coming in! It was awesome!!! Brynn loved it this year as well! Last year, she was 3 days old when we went out there! This year, she rode the 4 wheeler! (I have a feeling it won't be long before we will have 3 pink 4-wheelers out there!)
Laci introduced Brynn to the swing Papaw built.
Brynnie getting to know the goats!
BBB loved loved loved the 4 wheeler. If she heard it start up, she was looking around to see who was riding it! When I was loading the car, this is how I found her when I turned around!



Love my little camo girls. Meg braved the cool weather and was up at 5 to go hunting with Brad, Uncle Wes and Hannah.
That night we were invited to Ben's parents house for supper and we went and had a great time, and ate way too much! The boys met us up there after they hunted!
Meg and Trent have a common bond...deer.
And, of course a family tradition...BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING! Mom, Sarah and myself started this tradition a few years back. Last year we didn't do it because, well, I was home with a 4 day old! But, this year, we made up for it! We even invited Hannah to join us! Now, people say they would never get up and do that. But, here is the deal. We are not going to get some great deal or find some bargain. We just like to do it! Brad watches the girls and we just go about 4;30 in the morning, shop, eat, shop, eat and laugh!!!!! We laughed a ton this year and it was a blast!!!!!! Here is Sarah at our first stop!!! She didn't want to pull a muscle! haha
This Thanksgiving, I couldn't help but think of Papaw Grant, his presence is always missed at the farm. I thought of Nana, Brad's grandmother. And, of course, little Weslee Faith. I had to hold back tears several times as I wondered what it would be like if they were here! And, when that sadness hit me, I made it my prayer that this year I did not dwell on what we were missing, but rejoice in what we have.
I am so thankful for family. My family and Brad's family, also my church family and so many friends. God is good!!!!

"Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

No comments: