Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In His Arms

This past Saturday at 11:07 a.m. my neice, Weslee Faith Mizell entered the world. It was, however, only her physical body that entered the world. Her spirit was already resting in the arms of our Lord. And, to be honest, knowing that is the only way I can cope right now.
I will let my sister share the details when she is ready of that joyful, yet sorrowful, day. But, I would like to write down some thoughts on being an aunt! My neice was beautiful!! She had long legs like her mommy already. And, she did favor her daddy. It's is amazing what you can tell at 20 weeks gestation! I had the honor and priveladge of choosing her cloths. There was a closet full of sweet things of all sizes that are knitted and donated to stillborn babies. In true Auntie Am form I chose a few different looks. And, shortly after Weslee's arrival, I got to dress her. That is a memory I will have and cherish forever! I held her for quite a while and even rocked her. But, as I rocked her and cried, I couldn't help but picture her cuddled in the Arms of God as He rocked her in heaven.
This past week has been a rollar coaster for so many people and the hurts are overwhelming. But, I have to say that I do not how people make it through without the hope we have in Jesus Christ. The hope of seeing the ones we have lost again. And, the hope of a place beyond this world. I so look forward to holding Weslee again. I can't wait for Laci and Megan to meet her.
Several people have asked about Laci and Megan. I have told them about the situation and about Weslee. I think they are more concerned with making sure their Auntie is okay. And, Laci asked just the other day, "Weslee Faith is in heaven with Mimi Pam's mom, right?" I said yes and Laci matter of factly responded, "then, she's okay." I just had to smile and think, she's got it figured out. If only I could figure it out that easily!
Thank you all for you overwhelming love and support, prayers, meals, flowers, encouraging words, and so on, and so on! It has meant more to us than you will ever know. It has allowed us to sit together and talk and love one another. We serve a big God and I am thankful for that. A big God who knew that a baby weighing 6.4 ounces would change so many lives, forever.

I want to finish with a song. There are so many verses in the Bible that I could type, but there is a simple song that has been touching my heart and I will finish with those words.

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so.
LITTLE ONES TO HIM BELONG,
they are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, JESUS LOVES ME
Yes, JESUS LOVES ME
Yes, JESUS LOVES ME
The Bible tells me so!

5 comments:

Amie Lawson said...

As I sit here and type this, all I can think about is how blessed Sarah is to have such an amazing sister like you. As big sisters we want to protect our little sisters from experiencing any unneccesary pain. The bond between two sisters is something no one can explain. I know that during this difficult time, y'all are so thankful to have each other. I pray for Sarah and Ben as they follow God's plan for their lives. I also pray for you Amber that God will give you the strength to be the fabulous big sister that you have always been.

In His name-
Amie Harris

Lindsay and Robert said...

What a sweet post, Amber. Still praying for you guys...

Rebekah said...

What a small world, Amber! In fact, Flint and I mention you ever so often when we talk about Benton. You had the most distinct way of saying Benton and it still rings with both of us. Is that not so funny!?!?
What a beautiful post. I just cried and cried as I read it. I want you to know that I am lifting you up in prayer, too. I can not fathom the heart break and the loss that Sarah, Ben, and your family are going through, but our Father does. I am praying for you guys to feel His peace, His love, and in time for Him to heal. You are an amazing sister. Sarah is so lucky to have you.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

All of the above comments are so true (well, I don't know about how you say Benton), but...you are a great sister, it was an incredibly sweet post that brought tears to my eyes (and down my cheeks), and we are still praying all of those things for you and your family!

I am so thankful you guys have such a strong faith--it gives me a little bit of peace as I am now constantly thinking about you guys and praying for you all.

Mitzi said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about and praying for your family.
Mitzi